LG Health Foundation’s Child Life Endowment will provide the philanthropic support required to sustain the Child Life Program at LG Health. In addition to outright gifts of cash, there are a variety of ways to provide your support for this vital service to patients and their families. Contributions are tax-deductible.
Tee Up for Child Life
Support our Annual Jay R. Bucher Memorial United Fore Golf Tournament held each spring. Proceeds from the event benefit the Child Life Endowment at LG Health.
A special thank you to the sponsors of the Lancaster General Health Foundation’s United Fore Golf event. Despite the event not being held in 2020 due to repercussions from the COVID-19 outbreak, our sponsors gave generously to support the program. Click here to watch a special video.
Donate Items to Child Life
We would appreciate any donations of items on our Child Life Wish List! When you’re ready to make your donation, please print and complete a Gift In-Kind Form so that we can acknowledge your donation properly.
You can also purchase items from our MyRegistry.com store! For your convenience, these items will ship directly to our Pediatric Inpatient Center.
Important information about donating items:
- We ask that you kindly fill out our Gift-In-Kind form and either email it back to us or deliver it with your donation so that we can provide you a receipt for tax purposes and thank you properly.
- Any donation made must be set up through the Child Life team by calling 717-544-8673. Due to HIPAA standards and infection control regulations, donors are not permitted to hand-deliver donated items to patients inside Lancaster General Hospital.
- Out of concern for hospitalized patients, items must be:
- Brand new
- Come from a smoke-free environment (ie home, car, etc.)
**PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accept used toys, stuffed animals, or homemade items.
Donors can make a financial pledge to support the Child Life program that can be payable over a period of up to five years.
Gift of Securities
Supporters may own stocks, bonds, or mutual funds that have appreciated beyond their original cost and may consider making a gift with these appreciated securities. Often, such a gift represents a tax-efficient way to support the causes you care about.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Donors age 70½ years or older may consider making a direct transfer from their IRA accounts to the LG Health Foundation. The basic details and restrictions to take advantage of this opportunity are as follows:
- You must be 70½ or older when you make your gift, and the gift must be made from an IRA – no other retirement plans (such as 401k, 403b or SEP accounts) qualify.
- Your gift must be outright – it cannot be used to establish a life-income arrangement or support a donor-advised fund.
- Although the distribution will be free from income tax, it will not generate an income tax charitable deduction.
- This giving option may be of particular benefit for those who do not itemize deductions.
In addition to current gifts, planned estate gifts are very important to the future of pediatric care. There are a number of options for creating a planned gift either currently or through your estate, including charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, outright bequests, and gifts of life insurance. In many instances, these gifts may help qualify you for special named gift opportunities within the Seraph – McSparren Pediatric Inpatient Center. Planned gifts may also be used to augment a cash gift.
Under certain circumstances, the LG Health Foundation may accept gifts of real estate or other property.
For further information about any of these ways to give or to learn about named gift opportunities, please contact Jennifer Groff, Executive Director, Lancaster General Health Foundation by phone at 717-544-7126 or by email at email@example.com